Winds of Culture
-Christians are dealing with a changing world
-God doesn’t change-He’s the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow
-God’s character is eternally fixed from generation to generation
“For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore, you are not consumed, o sons of Jacob” (Malachi 36: 6).
“Like a cloak you will change them, and they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end” (Psalm 102:26-27).
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).
Culture has changed radically in a very short time
-Hostility toward Christians has been magnified in all areas of life: healthcare, family, education, politics, public square, and society
1. Sanctity of life=Reproductive Health Care
-Should be named the Anti-Reproductive Health Care Act it only reflects the end of a pregnancy, so reproduction has already occurred and in some way needs to be removed
-by definition, reproductive encompasses the reproductive organs such as the tissues, glands, and organs involved in producing offspring (children). Women= ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, and vagina. Men= prostate, testes, and the penis
-by definition, reproduction is the biological process by which new individual organisms (offspring/children) are produced. Reproduction is a fundamental feature of all known life. Each individual organism exists is the result of reproduction.
-by definition, abortion is the process of removing the unwanted offspring/child so instead of healthcare to ensure the mother and baby stay healthy the focus on ridding the body of the unwanted reproduction. There are two ways to rid the body of a baby is medical abortion so abortion with pills and/or procedural abortion that removes the pregnancy from the uterus
2. Sanctify of Marriage=replaced with Respect for Marriage Act
Ex. Marriage equal to traditional marriage for those who identify in or outside of their biological gender included is non-binary and other obscure pronouns which grammatically are not pronouns Ze/Zer
3. Trans movement=you must celebrate their definitions and lifestyles as beneficial and should overpower those that are heterosexuals
- kindergarten-12th grade groomer style sex education
-gender affirming pronouns introduced in elementary school
-trans movements included in all content areas under guise of diversity, equity, & inclusion
-forced celebration= drag parades, drag story hours, drag kid friendly shows
4. Trans affirming/conforming healthcare:
-Chemical castration=puberty blockers & gender affirming surgeries=breast mastectomy or penectomy -offer access to breast binders, penis tuck directions, abortions, and other gender affirming healthcare (normally hidden from parents)
Pulpit Prey to Whims of Culture
*Declare the truth of God’s word
*Do not fear
*Proclaim scripture with no shame
-who is leading their flocks astray
-feed them truth by failing by scripture
-word of God is not fully programed
-commands of scripture are compromised
*Be the Church
-scripture is treasured and undiluted preaching
1. It is okay to have churches marry non-binary couples
2. It is okay to say gender is determined by a whim
3. It is okay to not honor Biology
4. It is okay for schools to teach and encourage impressionable young children to make gender transitions (solves all the unhappiness in the world)
5. It is okay to lie, level up on evil, and spread devastating perverted logic
1. God warns us that then people turn their backs on Him that His wrath will be poured out against the unrighteous and ungodliness
“For this reason, God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise, also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting” Romans 1: 26-28).
2. The Bible is clear that there is no such thing as a transgender person
“From the beginning of creation, God made them male and female” (Mark 10: 6).
3. God’s word is the authority, never changes, and is God’s whole counsel. Even Satan knows we are born in sin alienated and separated from a Holy God, so he seeks to blind us from the liberating power of God
“God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes will not perish but have ever lasting life” (John 3:16).
**Forever changed by Jesus-your lifestyle will be radically changed as you love to obey the commands in the scriptures while removing the culture’s grip on our hearts.